Designing custom packaging can be overwhelming if you haven't done it before. Often, what seems like a combination of good ideas amounts to a package that is completely overlooked.
Our packaging partners helped us create a list of 7 Considerations When Designing Custom Packaging to give your brand the boost it deserves:
- Does it stand out? There are a lot of products out there. And there are likely a lot of products similar to your products. Make sure your packaging stands out on the shelf (or wherever it’s being sold).
- Who’s the buyer? Is the target market male? Female? Do they tend to be into sports, art, music, all of the above? These are all important things to consider when designing packaging. The design should appeal to your buyer.
- Is it press friendly? Think about it. Publicity is one of the number one marketing tools around. Having packaging that photographs well and is appealing to online and print editors can be a critical factor in a product getting the press it deserves.
- Does it meet legal requirements? A product’s packaging should inform the buyer of what’s inside.
- Does it include instructions? If a product requires assembly, this should be reflected on the package so the recipient knows that it’s user friendly.
- Does it protect the contents? Physical construction is super important because, of course, customers want their precious product to be protected
- Does it reflect your brand? As far as packaging is concerned, this is probably the most critical when it comes to the long term success of a business. Packaging should reflect the spirit of the brand so it should contain key things like the company logo, company colors, etc.
At Target Marketing we work with you to find the perfect product, and the perfect way to package it.
Read more about how to get your message and brand image front and center with custom packaging.